The Ultimate travelling Packing List
Before your travel, and even before you get your luggage, you can always go back to this list and make sure you are not forgetting anything!
Even though the list may look long, I am pro- TRAVELLING LIGHT, remember less is more! Travel smarter!
Before you start packing, I also recommend you to read my blog post on Packing Tips.
- Clothes: make a list with number of days and check the weather.
- Underwear/ Bras
- Pajamas !! (I always forget these!)
- Sport outfits
- Weather variables (jacket or bikini)
*The worst thing you can do is over-packing for the ‘just in case’ avoid the extra things, which honestly you wont need, think minimal.
Always try to pack shoes which will match with all your outfits so you don’t over pack.
Check the weather of your destination and pack accordingly, rainy boots or sunny flip flops?
- Flats (leisure shoes, walking shoes, dress shoes, flip flops, sandals, loafers)
- High heels
- Sport sneakers
I usually just pack one pair of each and try to always pack similar colors and styles.
Check the weather of your destination and pack accordingly, snow jackets or bikinis?
- Scarf (always! they are multi functional while travelling!)
- Electric plug converters
- Beach wear/ Snow gear
I always forget to pack my belt (!) and the electric plug converters! they are so bloody expensive it hurts me to buy new ones each time i travel but I always forget to pack them, and now I own a collection of them at home.
Carry on Handbag
- Cell phone!
- Boarding passes/ iPhone wallet
- Frequent Flyer card/ airline memberships / airport card
- Phone charger
- Extra battery
- Laptop charger
- Business cards
- Wallet/ local currency preferably cash
- Anti bacterial gel
- Business documents
- Car phone charger plug
- Pain reliever pills
- Copies of all documents (either digitally or printed) in case you get robbed in the jungle and need a proof of identity to fly back home!
- Lip balm
- change of clothes
- water bottle (fill it after security buy it in the airport to make sure you drink enough water!)
- House/car Keys
- Neck Pillow (long haul flights)
- Extra phone battery charger
- Make up bag / makeup-remover
- Necessaire: tooth brush, tooth paste, deo, face cream, shaver , make up remover, hair brush, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, shaver, feminine hygiene, perfume
- Hair brush
- Hair gel/products
Forgetting your hair brush is one of the worst things it can happen when you travel! Specially if it is a business trip and you have important meetings early morning.
Some hotels provide most toiletries so keep that in mind to avoid over packing. Also depending on your trip it may be more convenient just to buy the toiletries at your destinations so you don’t have to carry them around and take the risk of them spilling out inside your luggage.
- Jewelry (I suggest you make a note on your phone and write down what you packed so you don’t loose them and remember when was the last time you wore it)
- camera/ memory card
Remember that you can always buy stuff when you arrive to your destination, so don’t panic if you forgot something, believe me, you will survive!
Most important are:
I wish you a BON VOYAGE!
If you want to make me really happy you can use the hashtag #onboardwithmarcela on your coming trips!
Follow me on instagram @onboardwithmarcela for more tips!
Join mailing list: