ABOUT THE BOOK
- It is the first textbook ever written about the Super Yacht industry it focuses mainly on yachts of over 50 meters long.
- The aim of this book is to describe in easy terms how the entire industry works and how every profession from designer to shipyard to broker relates to each other.
- This will be a reference for the future generation in yachting, which consequently will make the industry more transparent and more professional moving forward.
PRE- ORDER A COPY OF THE BOOK HERE:
- The Market of yachts over 50 meters
- Who are the yacht owners? why do they buy yachts?
Written by: The Super Yacht Intelligence, and
- What is a Yacht ?
- Main parts of a yacht
- Sailing terms, seamanship definitions
- The Yachting Industry overview
- Yacht design process
- Styles of designts
- Basics of Naval architecture
- Basics of Engineering
Written by: Tim Heywood, Sorgiovanni, Andrew Winch, Van Ooossanen, and Lateral Engineering
- Hull Design
- Yacht Building Process
- Classification by Lloyds
- Basics on Engines by MTU
Written by Oceanco
- Yacht management (financial, technical, operational)
- The Yacht Manager
Written by Edmiston, Ocean Independece & Fraser Yachts
- Certificate of Registry
- VAT management
- Family Office
Written by Rosemont Intl & JTC
- Yacht management (financial, technical, etc.)
- The Yacht Manager
Written by Fraser Yachts
- The Yachting Experience
- Yacht Charter Process
Written by Burgess Yachts
- The Crew Roles on board
- Life on board
Written by Bluewater
- Basics of Maritime Law
- The buying and purchasing process
- Important codes to know
Written by Hill Dickinson
THE FUTURE OF YACHTING
- Alternative Propulsion systems
Written by Lateral Engineering
About the Author
Monaco-resident Marcela de Kern Royer combines a passion for yachting with a strong international academic background.
As the Business Development Director for ICON Yachts, with past experience in asset management including super yachts, she has gained excellent exposure to all facets of the industry including new build, refit, brokerage, management, supplier and charter.
She obtained an MBA from Hult Business School in Boston, USA and a BSBA degree from the International University of Monaco.
Marcela has lived, studied and work around the world including Monaco, Boston, Miami, London, Dubai, Guatemala and France as places she has worked, lived and studied. She speaks fluently six languages with Spanish as her mother tongue; English, Italian, French, German and Portuguese also.
- Founder and first president of YPY (Young Professionals in Yachting, Monaco)
- Founder of charity Association AMLA (Association Monegasque pour l’Amerique Latine)
- Member of the Yacht Club of Monaco
About the Editor
Nicci Perides is a writer, journalist and editor, she is currently Head of PR & Communications at Burgess. She also has her own journalism company. She has experience of over 10 years as an editor, she has worked for The New York Times, and in luxury travel in collaboration with Abercrombie & Kent, Journeys.com amongst others. She has the perfect skills for this book, combining yachting knowledge, with her marketing and editing edge.
“Finally someone to write it all down,This is exactly what the Industry is missing!’
‘Lot’s of good stuff and solid potential‘
Jan Jaap Minemma, Fraser Yachts
I strongly believe that a book as you described is generally missing for our industry so it may become the de-facto reference guide for owners, new professionals, for supporting training courses, and for refreshing the ecosystem knowledge of professional already performing in industry
Matteo Matteo Magherini, Lateral
The Book In Numbers
Textbook in the Yachting Industry
Advice from more than 30 experts in Yachting
Chapters of Content